Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Off the Denver and the National AOSA Conference

I drove to Dulles airport to stay at the Best Western and take advantage of their Park and Fly promotion.  One night's stay gets me 13 days of free parking!  Then it's rise at 4:45 AM to make an 8:15 flight on Delta to Atlanta where I'll meet Michael.  We'll travel on together from there to Denver.

Delta rocks!  The registration and check-in was amazingly easy.  I first downloaded the mobile app, then checked in from there.  Up popped by QR coded boarding pass.  I popped them over to my passbook app on my iPhone.  Passbook is cool, because the boarding pass popped up every time I needed it automatically!  Delta also provides access to wifi all the way, a nice bonus.  $14 bucks got me 24 hour access.

I met up with Michael in Atlanta and found Judy Burnette and Gretchen Jensen on the same flight. The flight was uneventful, and we had a beautiful day for travel.
Over Kansas... Not in a Balloon

We all arrived in Denver, had lunch in the airport and took the shuttle to our hotel, the Hyatt Regency.

Michael and I decided to take a walk to the Hard Rock to get a pin and a beer.  Then we found Marlowe's for dinner.  We had some nice Lobster Taco's.

We walked through the downtown on the Pedestrian Mall over the conference center and then back to the hotel.  We turned in early.
The Big Blue Grizzly looks into the Conference Center.


No comments:

Post a Comment